Blog

Website Design Tips: Looks Aren’t Everything

  • Posted On: April 17, 2019
  • Category: SEO 2 Sales
  • Posted By: iffelinternational

Website Design Tips:

A beautiful website is esthetically pleasing, but what good is beauty if no one ever sees it? Whether your website is designed to sell a product, promote your business, convey information, or anything else – good SEO is critical.

As of January 2019 there were over 1.94 billion websites on the Internet and over 4 million internet users.[i] SEO helps your website get noticed above all the rest and by your targeted demographic.

The strategies behind SEO are complicated, but the idea itself is simple. SEO stands for search engine optimization: Optimizing your website for search engines. It’s important to understand what search engines are looking for on your website in order to drive traffic to it. Each major search engine company is focused on providing its users with the best answer to their query. They look for quality content, keywords, file names, alt tags and much more to provide the best results for each end-user.

The experts at Iffel International know what search engines like Google look for and how to create a website that ranks high using SEO. Everything from massive corporate pages to a simple review site or blogs, need exposure to survive, and this exposure can only be achieved through proper optimization. SEO makes sure that your target audience finds your website in a relevant search.

The average web user won’t go past the first five listings on a search engine results page. Even more drastic: websites on the first search engine results page receive almost 95% of web traffic, leaving only 5% for remaining search results pages.[ii] This means that without good SEO, your website would likely rank too low on a search result for most people to see.

Since its launch in 2003, WordPress has quickly become the world’s most-used content management system.[iii] WordPress makes creating a free, highly-customized, beautiful website easy. However, while creating a website with WordPress can be simple, properly enhancing it for SEO is an ongoing process. The internet is always changing and so are search engine’s algorithms. This means that the type of content you create, your marketing strategies, the way people interact with their mobile devices, how consumers make online purchases, and the ways in which people search for information, are also in a constant state of change. One way to keep your website fresh is to regularly generate new content. Search engines look for updated web content. This content should include keywords specific to the product or service your website is designed to promote. It’s best to incorporate keywords from the very beginning; start your article already knowing what keywords you need to use.

Three other ways to help your website stand out using WordPress include setting your permalinks, picking a SEO-friendly theme, and making use of dedicated SEO plug-ins. WordPress comes with a default permalink setting allowing you to change them at your convenience. WordPress also offers a variety of themes, some of which are more SEO-friendly than others. Our team prefers to custom build WordPress websites, that are 100% SEO-friendly. Plug-ins are small pieces of add-on software that can add features and functionality to your website. There are plug-ins designed to help improve your website’s SEO and to help it rank higher in search engines.

All this being said, SEO is not all that matters. Content written for SEO is pointless if it fails to account for the end-user. That’s why balance is key; your website can be beautiful and functional. Would you like help optimizing up your website for search engines? As SEO experts, Iffel International can help you create a website that is ideal for both search engines and people.

Get an initial complimentary consultation HERE


[i] https://www.websitehostingrating.com/internet-statistics-facts/

[ii] https://www.brafton.com/news/95-percent-of-web-traffic-goes-to-sites-on-page-1-of-google-serps-study/

[iii] https://www.creativebloq.com/web-design/wordpress-tutorials-designers-1012990

Comments

No comment found.

Leave a new comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Book a Free Assessment Today

Turn Your Website Into A Sales Engine.

Newsletter

Enter your email address below to receive regular updates

Get Connected
close slider

Please fill the below fields